submit a news item
If you have a news item you would like to share with our members (and it's not directly promotional), send your copy to email@example.com.
eLN on twitter
Training Press Releases
- The Guardian reports on how the best of Professional Associations lead Universities with online learning
- Jane Pauley to Keynote Elliott Masie's Learning 2013
- Acteon supports Towards Maturity’s latest In-Focus report: Aligning learning to business
- New software implementation best practice whitepaper from accessplanit
- The Docebo E-Learning platform embeds now a PDF & PPT converter to easily build multimedia courses
eLearning Alliance Workshop, Monday, 19 November 2012
The eLearning Alliance would like to invite you to attend this workshop.
Want to streamline your processes, reduce resource, costs, bureaucracy and time whilst improving efficiency and customer satisfaction? Lean Six Sigma has been used successfully across all sectors as a business improvement tool that can transform the way you work; driving efficiencies whilst ensuring that customer needs are embedded in your processes.
This practical hands-on workshop will help you to understand the principles of "Lean Thinking" and Six Sigma; providing an understanding of the approach, tools and techniques. Combining theory with practical exercises, you will be empowered to deliver faster and better!
Stuart Hiles is a Senior Development Officer for East Lothian Council and Chairman of the eLearning Alliance; a PRINCE 2 Practitioner and qualified in Lean Six Sigma, he specialises in Business Improvement and develops staff in the use of the approach, tools and techniques.
• Triggers for change.
• The focus and purpose of improvement activities.
• Lean Thinking – flow, value and waste.
• Identifying what matters to our Customers – Critical to Quality requirements.
• DMAIC - a structured approach to improvement.
• Six Sigma - understanding processes ‘capability’.
• Theory of Constraints and removing ‘Bottlenecks’.
• Steps to successes - the elements of a successful implementation effort.
Format of event
Workshop with practical individual / group exercises.
Who is it for
Those new to Lean Six Sigma and process improvement who want to streamline processes and improve organisational effectiveness.
Why you should attend
You want to make a difference, to work smarter and to reduce costs. You care about your customers.
Monday, 19 November 2012
12.00 Lunch Break
14:00 Comfort Break
Castle Business Park
T: 01786 431700
Free parking available on site
Members:- £139 + VAT
Non-members:- £179 + VAT
Lunch is included in the price
Please send me more details on Membership of the eLA
Registration at www.elearningalliance.org
Numbers are limited to 12, so it is advisable to book early to avoid disappointment.
Terms & Conditions: Payment must be received prior to the event. If you cancel prior to 5 November 2012, you may send a substitute. If you cannot send a substitute, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £50. Please note that delegates who do not cancel prior to 5 November 2012, or who fail to turn up on the day, will be charged the full amount. Those that are unable to make payment prior to the event should bring payment on the day.