submit a news item
If you have a news item you would like to share with our members (and it's not directly promotional), send your copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eLN on twitter
Training Press Releases
- The Guardian reports on how the best of Professional Associations lead Universities with online learning
- Jane Pauley to Keynote Elliott Masie's Learning 2013
- Acteon supports Towards Maturity’s latest In-Focus report: Aligning learning to business
- New software implementation best practice whitepaper from accessplanit
- The Docebo E-Learning platform embeds now a PDF & PPT converter to easily build multimedia courses
Imogen Casebourne, Head of Learning, Epic
How did you get into a career in elearning?
I became fascinated by the potential of elearning whilst doing my Masters in 1994 and moved into a training and development role with a company in Germany, and kept going from there.
Do you feel there are good opportunities for women working in elearning?
The opportunities for women working in elearning are excellent; it is a real equal opportunities industry.
How are you working to make elearning more effective?
I think it is important to remember that we are talking about learning first and technology second. The technology should only ever be a way of supporting individuals in their learning and development. Having said that, I’m excited by the opportunities that new technologies bring to how we learn, especially mobile ones. I think having the opportunity to learn wherever you are, and whenever you need it, could prove revolutionary.
If you could give eLN members one elearning tip, what would it be?
Always put the learner centre stage.
You can tweet Imogen via @epictalk (https://twitter.com/#!/epictalk).