submit a news item
If you have a news item you would like to share with our members (and it's not directly promotional), send your copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eLN on twitter
Training Press Releases
- Saba Products Named Finalists in The Best of Elearning! 2013 Awards
- Docebo Releases its Joomla LMS 'Open Source' Integration Plug-In
- BBC Academy’s Myles Runham to feature on Learning Pool Live line-up
- Virtual College hosts webinar aimed at Social Housing Providers
- Virtual College provides online course to support Dementia Awareness Week
- Above price is exclusive of VAT.
- Please log in to see member rates.
- Click Here to book using member Meeting Credits
How should you procure the technologies to support learning in your organisation? There’s a vast array of LMSs, authoring tools and other technologies to choose from: Exe, Ilias, eFront, Moodle, Xerte to name but a few. A day of practical case studies, sharing experiences and your chance to join the debate.
The key questions we expect to be looking at on the day are:
- Are there any examples of open-source software that isn't designed for geeks?
- When is it a good idea to look at open-source software?
- How can we make open-source software work in our organisation?
- Why would you choose software that doesn't come with any support?
- What are the objections your IT department may raise about opensource and how to address them?
This workshop will be useful to:
- In-house L&D staff under cost pressure to get more from learning technologies
- L&D practitioners (both in-house and consultants) who want to offer a wider blend of learning than classic self-paced e-learning
- People who are frustrated that the proprietory softwares they use for learning are not flexible enough/customisable to their needs